In the university’s core mission to develop students as future leaders in the diverse global community of the 21st Century, the Center for Diversity and Inclusion serves as an integral part. Key areas of focus include advocacy, support, collaboration, and education and outreach.
Center for Diversity and Inclusion Strategic Directions
- To engage students in intentional, reflective and applied learning experiences related to identity, intercultural and cross-cultural communication, and diversity and social justice concepts.
- To cultivate and foster a supportive campus climate for students of all backgrounds, cultures and identities.
- To advocate for traditionally underrepresented, underserved, and/or marginalized student populations and institutional change in the areas of diversity, inclusion and equity.
- To create collaborative partnerships with constituents within the university and broader communities for student engagement and the promotion of dialogue and social change.
- To develop sustainable infrastructure and operational and governance models to further the vision, mission and goals of the center.